SparkFun Inventor's Kit for Edison Experiment Guide
Here is a complete list of all the parts included in the Edison SIK.
The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for Intel® Edison includes the following:
- 1x Intel® Edison
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - Base
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - GPIO
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - ADC
- 1x Basic 16x2 Character LCD - White on Black 3.3V
- 1x Mini Photocell
- 1x Temperature Sensor - TMP36
- 1x LED - RGB Diffused Common Cathode
- 20x 100Ω Resistors
- 20x 10kΩ Resistors
- 3x 2N3904 NPN Transistors
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x 10k Trimpot
- 1x USB OTG Cable
- 1x USB microB Cable
- 1x Breadboard
- 1x Intel® Edison Hardware Pack
- 30x Jumper Wires
- 4x Push Buttons
- 1x Screwdriver
If, at any time, you are unsure which part a particular experiment is asking for, reference this section.
The following links may help guide you in your journey through the Edison SIK.
- Edison Getting Started Guide - A quick way to program the Edison using the Arduino IDE.
- General Guide to SparkFun Blocks for Intel® Edison - Describes how the Blocks work with the Edison and provides a brief overview of all the available Blocks.
- Intel’s Getting Started Guide - Tutorial on how to get the Edison running with either the Arduino Breakout Board or the Mini Breakout Board.
Each experiment will also have a Suggested Reading section to aid you in understanding the components and concepts used in that particular experiment.