SparkFun Inventor's Kit for Photon Experiment Guide
Resources and Going Further
Congratulations on making it through Inventor's Kit for Photon Experiment Guide! Hopefully you've got a solid grasp on the fundamentals of electronics as well as how to get them interacting with the Internet world at large.
As you venture out into creating Photon projects of your own, remember that you're not alone! There are loads of resources available, should you need them:
- Photon RedBoard GitHub Repository -- The EAGLE hardware design files can all be found here.
- Photon RedBoard Schematic -- A PDF of the Photon RedBoard's schematic.
- Windows Driver Installation guide -- Windows users! To use the Photon's USB serial port, you'll need to install a driver.
- P1 Datasheet -- Particle's web-hosted datasheet is a great resources for questions dealing with the P1 module featured on the Photon RedBoard.
- Particle Firmware Source -- This is where you'll find the latest firmware available for all Particle development boards, including the Photon RedBoard.
- Particle Documentation Home -- Particle has loads of great documentation, covering everything from getting started to a firmware reference guide.
- USI WM-N-BM-14-S Datasheet -- This is a datasheet for the WM-N-BM-14-S module, which the P1 is based on.
- GitHub SIK Photon Code Repo
We encourage you to check out all of the development environment options available for the Photon RedBoard. Check out our Photon Development Guide for more information on using the Particle Build IDE, or a custom ARM-GCC environment:
And there are loads of other SparkFun tutorials that might help inspire your next project, including: