ESP32 Thing Plus Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
For more resources related to the ESP32 Thing Plus, check out the links listed here:
- Schematic (PDF)
- Eagle Files (ZIP)
- CP2104 USB Drivers
- ESP32 Thing Plus GitHub Repo
- SFE Product Showcase
Espressif has some great resources built around the ESP32:
- ESP32.com -- Great forums, where you can discuss ESP32 news, get help, or show off your project.
- Espressif ESP32 Resource Page -- A great source for the latest datasheets, reference manuals, and software tools.
- Espressif GitHub Repositories -- Espressif is efforting to be as open-source as possible. Among other things, you'll find repositories for Arduino ESP32 support, SDK's, and even a proof-of-concept NES emulator hosted on their GitHub page.
- ESP-IDF -- IoT Development Framework -- If you want to take your development environment up a step from Arduino, this should be your first step into ESP32 software development. Some notes on the IDF:
- The IDF is well-documented. Check out the set up guides (for Windows, Mac or Linux) for help getting your environment set up. For help with the API's and data structures, check out esp32.info.
- There are a handful of example applications, including a BLE Advertising example, which works as a proof-of-concept for the ESP32's Bluetooth support.
- Use the ESP-IDF project template, once you're ready to start creating applications of your own.
For more ESP32 related tutorials, check out the following.
Transparent Graphical OLED Breakout Hookup Guide
MicroPython Programming Tutorial: Getting Started with the ESP32 Thing
Using Artnet DMX and the ESP32 to Drive Pixels
If you need some project inspiration, check out some of these IoT-focused projects and get making!
SparkFun Blocks for Intel® Edison - I2C Breakout Block
Blynk Board Washer/Dryer Alarm
Internet of Things Experiment Guide
Or check out this related blog post: