ESP32 Thing Plus Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
For more resources related to the ESP32 Thing Plus, check out the links listed here:
- ESP32 Thing Plus GitHub Repo
- ESP32 Thing Plus (U.FL) GitHub Repo
- CP2104 USB Drivers
- SFE Product Showcase
Espressif has some great resources built around the ESP32:
- ESP32.com -- Great forums, where you can discuss ESP32 news, get help, or show off your project.
- Espressif ESP32 Resource Page -- A great source for the latest datasheets, reference manuals, and software tools.
- Espressif GitHub Repositories -- Espressif is efforting to be as open-source as possible. Among other things, you'll find repositories for Arduino ESP32 support, SDK's, and even a proof-of-concept NES emulator hosted on their GitHub page.
- ESP-IDF -- IoT Development Framework -- If you want to take your development environment up a step from Arduino, this should be your first step into ESP32 software development. Some notes on the IDF:
- The IDF is well-documented. Check out the set up guides (for Windows, Mac or Linux) for help getting your environment set up. For help with the API's and data structures, check out esp32.info.
- There are a handful of example applications, including a BLE Advertising example, which works as a proof-of-concept for the ESP32's Bluetooth support.
- Use the ESP-IDF project template, once you're ready to start creating applications of your own.
For more ESP32 related tutorials, check out the following.
MicroPython Programming Tutorial: Getting Started with the ESP32 Thing
I2S Audio Breakout Hookup Guide
SparkFun ESP32 DMX to LED Shield
If you need some project inspiration, check out some of these IoT-focused projects and get making!
SparkFun Blocks for Intel® Edison - Base Block
SparkFun Pro nRF52840 Mini Hookup Guide
Introduction to MQTT
Or check out this related blog post: