IoT Power Relay
Contributors: SFUptownMakerFavorited Favorite 4
Resources and Going Further
For more information, check out the resources below:
- W3Schools - This is a great website to help you learn more about writing for the web. I figured out most of how to write the page in this tutorial using W3School's excellent tutorials.
- Simple WiFi Server Example - The original example that I started with for this project. It may be easier to start with this if you want to customize the server.
- ESP32.com -- Great forums, where you can discuss ESP32 news, get help, or show off your project.
- ESP-IDF -- IoT Development Framework -- If you want to take your development environment up a step from Arduino, this should be your first step into ESP32 software development. Some notes on the IDF:
- The IDF is well-documented. Check out the set up guides (for Windows, Mac or Linux) for help getting your environment set up. For help with the API's and data structures, check out esp32.info.
- There are a handful of example applications.
- Use the ESP-IDF project template, once you're ready to start creating applications of your own.
- ESP32 Software Support Package
- GitHub Repo - Project repo for the TeleSitter.
Check out these other great projects:
LED Cloud-Connected Cloud
Make an RGB colored cloud light! You can also control it from your phone, or hook up to the weather!
Photon Remote Temperature Sensor
Learn how to build your own Internet-connect, solar-powered temperature collection station using the Photon from Particle.
ESP8266 Powered Propane Poofer
Learn how Nick Poole built a WiFi controlled fire-cannon using the ESP8266 Thing Dev Board!
Or check out this blog post for ideas.