Getting Started with the Autonomous Kit for the Sphero RVR
Contributors: Santa Claus ImpersonatorFavorited Favorite 2
Software Overview: Part 3 - Sphero SDK
Note: Users should use head over to the Sphero's SDK webpage for details on the SDK's functionality. Additionally, Sphero also has a support page in case users get stuck.
This section will focus on getting started with the Sphero SDK.
- To begin using the Sphero SDK, users should change the current working directory to the
sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-pythonfolder using the following command:
- Once inside the
sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-pythonfolder, users will need to spawn a shell in a virtual environment using the
- This will create a virtual environment if one doesn't already exist.
- This is the most important step to initializing the Sphero SDK; otherwise, users will run into issues executing any of the examples.
- After the shell has been activated, users can begin to start using the example code. Navigate around to find a code example.
- To run a Python example code, use the following command:
python3 <File Name>.py
- Use Ctrl+C to interrupt the keyboard control script.
- To exit the virtual environment shell, type