ESP32 Thing Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
The ESP32 is still in its infancy, but resources are popping up all over the place for the chip. Check out some of these links for more information, documentation, and examples.
- ESP32.com -- Great forums, where you can discuss ESP32 news, get help, or show off your project.
- Espressif ESP32 Resource Page -- A great source for the latest datasheets, reference manuals, and software tools.
- Espressif GitHub Repositories -- Espressif is efforting to be as open-source as possible. Among other things, you'll find repositories for Arduino ESP32 support, SDK's, and even a proof-of-concept NES emulator hosted on their GitHub page.
You can also check out these links to go further.
- ESP-IDF -- IoT Development Framework -- If you want to take your development environment up a step from Arduino, this should be your first step into ESP32 software development. Some notes on the IDF:
- The IDF is well-documented. Check out the set up guides (for Windows, Mac or Linux) for help getting your environment set up. For help with the API's and data structures, check out esp32.info.
- There are a handful of example applications, including a BLE Advertising example, which works as a proof-of-concept for the ESP32's Bluetooth support.
- Use the ESP-IDF project template, once you're ready to start creating applications of your own.
- Blynk -- Blynk allows you to control IoT development boards with an easily configurable iOS/Android app. And it already supports the ESP32!
For more ESP32 related tutorials, check out the following.
Using Artnet DMX and the ESP32 to Drive Pixels
WiFi Controlled Robot
SparkFun ESP32 DMX to LED Shield
If you need some project inspiration, check out some of these IoT-focused projects and get making!
Getting Started with Load Cells
LED Cloud-Connected Cloud
Photon Remote Temperature Sensor
ESP8266 Powered Propane Poofer
Or check out these related blog posts.