Simon Tilts Assembly Guide
Simon Tilts is a memory game very similar to Simon Says, but instead of pressing buttons, the player is challenged to rotate the device in a specific pattern. It comes as a PTH soldering kit, and it's up to you to solder it all together! You can buy the complete kit at SparkFun!
If you're new to soldering, the Simon Tilts PTH Kit is a great place to start. This assembly guide will take you through each component in the kit and show you how to solder it into place.
If you'd like more general knowledge about PTH soldering, then we suggest checking out these following other tutorials:
- How to Solder - Through-hole Soldering
- Decoding Resistor Markings
- Diode and LED Polarity
- Electronics Assembly - Washing
- Video - SparkFun Infrared Sensor Overview
Necessary tools and supplies
Suggested additional tools and supplies
- Safety Glasses
- Flux Pen
- Solder Wick
- Scrubbing brush (an old toothbrush works fine)
- Deionized water for cleaning (or you can get away with tap water)