Fingerprint Scanner (GT-521Fxx) Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
Now that you've successfully got your fingerprint scanner up and running, it's time to incorporate it into your own project!
For more information, check out the resources below :
- GitHub Repository for the FPS's Arduino Example Code
- SparkFun Product Showcase: GT-521Fx2 Fingerprint Scanner
More Tutorials and Project Examples!
For more tutorials and project ideas using the older models of ADH-Tech's fingerprint scanner, check below. Most of the examples listed below use the older module but you should not notice any significant differences in funcionality between the models.
- Instructables.com - DIY Fingerprint Scanning Garage Door Opener
- Hackaday: Biometric Secured Goflcart Allows for Keylesss Start
- GitHub: GT5X Arduino Library
- Starting Electronics - GT-511C3 Fingerprint Scanner Hardware, Wiring and Connector Numbering
- Homautomation - Playing with finger print scanner (FPS) on arduino
- SparkFun's Fellowship of the Things! - Internet of Things Ep 1: AirLock Demo Project w/ 3 Factor Authentication and GitHub Repo for IoT 3 Factor Verification
There’s a Raspberry Pi Python Library for this fingerprint scanner if you look at the post by user jeanmachuca in the Pi forums.
There appears to be an article that uses the GT-511C1R with a Raspberry Pi as a server and SQLite [ FingerScanner: Embedding a Fingerprint Scanner in a Raspberry Pi ]. Based on this information, it’s possible to have remote management of a database on multiple fingerprint scanners from one server.
There’s an example in Node.js with an API in the-AjK's GitHub repository.
There's a BeagleBone Black Python Library by user JamesMarcogliese_'s capstone design team.
Or check out Unosquare's .NET implementation on GitHub.