Loading Debian (Ubilinux) on the Edison
Resources and Going Further
Now that you have Debian installed on your Edison, you have many tools at your disposal. For example, aptitude is a powerful package manager that lets you install libraries and Linux packages from the Internet.
Check out our Installing libmraa on Ubilinux for Edison tutorial for more info interfacing with other boards.
Here are some additional resources to help you with the Edison:
- General Guide to Sparkfun Blocks for Intel Edison
- Console Block Hookup Guide
- Battery Block Hookup Guide
- GPIO Block Hookup Guide
- To learn more about Debian, there is the Debian Wiki
- To read more about the /etc/network/interfaces file, see the NetworkConfiguration page
- If you are interested in learning more about Linux, take a look at The Linux System Administrator's Guide
- If you really want to dig into making Linux more secure, read the Securing Debian Manual
- Intel's Edison Home Page has a wealth of information in Intel's Maker forum and throughout their Makers web community.
If you're new to Linux, we highly recommend checking Userland, a guide to all things shell.
Check out these other Edison related tutorials from SparkFun: