Arduino Wireless Communication via the Electric Imp
Resources and Going Further
We had to update this tutorial after Electric Imp drastically updated their IDE. Some of this code was based off examples written by Nate McBean. Thanks a bunch, Nate!
If you’re looking for other Imp resources, here are some of our favorite:
- electric imp API Reference - Here you’ll find all of the imp-specific functions.
- electric imp Developer Forums - There’s a wealth of knowledge in the imp community. If you’ve got a question, search for an answer here, or start a new topic.
- Imp Card Spec Sheet - A good datasheet for the imp. You’ll find electrical characteristics here, along with other useful info.
If you’re still left with imp-related questions, try consulting their forums.
Now that you know how to hook up the electric imp and its Breakout, what project will you be making with it? Will you be adding to the “Internet of Things”? Need some inspiration? Check out some of these products and projects:
- Wireless Arduino Programming with Electric Imp – Use the Electric Imp to reprogram your Arduino over the Internet.
- Weather Station Wirelessly Connected to Wunderground – Take this tutorial one step further, and find out how to use an Imp to post weather data collected by an Arduino.
- Making Simon Says Wireless – If you’re on a wireless kick, this tutorial will show you how to “hack” our Simon Says kit to make it wireless.