Arduino Weather Shield Hookup Guide V12
Weather Shield Overview
The Arduino Weather Shield from SparkFun is an easy-to-use Arduino shield that grants you access to barometric pressure, relative humidity, luminosity, and temperature. There are also connections to optional sensors such as wind speed/direction, rain gauge, and GPS for location and super accurate timing.
Things you should know about this shield:
- Uses the Si7021 sensor, MPL3115A2 barometric pressure sensor, and ALS-PT19 light sensor.
- Has connector for the GP-735 compact GPS module
- Has optional RJ11 connector footprints to connect the SparkFun weather meters
- Weather shield can operate from 3V to 10V and has built in voltage regulators and signal translators
- Typical humidity accuracy of ±2%
- Typical pressure accuracy of ±50Pa
- Typical temperature accuracy of ±0.3C
Check out the Hookup Guides for each of the sensors located on the shield for more information specific to that sensor.
Si7021 Humidity and Temperature Sensor Hookup Guide
May 5, 2016
If you intend to use wind and rain Weather Meters with your ESP32 Environment Sensor Shield, check out our Weather Meter Assembly Guide.
If you are unfamiliar with any of the concepts below, we suggest checking out those tutorials as well.