XBee Shield Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
That should be enough to get you started. If you're looking for more XBee and XBee Shield info, check out these resources:
- Schematic -- If you confused about the layout of the schematic, check out this PDF.
- XBee Series 1 Manual -- For more advanced users, if you really want to take advantage of the XBee's unique abilities, check out this guide.
- XBee Wireless Class Materials -- Check out our teaching materials for the XBee class we lead every once-in-a-while.
- GitHub Repo -- This is where you'll find the latest PCB design files.
With XBee and the XBee Shield you have all of the tools necessary to take your project to the airwaves. What are you going to make? Need some inspiration? Check out these related tutorials:
- XBee WiFi Hookup Guide -- Take the next step with XBees, using the XBee WiFi. These modules allow you to connect to a wireless network and give your Arduino Internet access!
- Internet Datalogging with XBee WiFi -- Need to do a little "cloud"-based data logging. Check out this tutorial, which shows you how to stick sensor readings on the Internet using an XBee WiFi, XBee Shield, and Arduino?
- Simon Splosion Wireless -- This tutorial demonstrates one of many techniques to "hack" the Simon Says -- use XBee's to make the Simon game wireless!
- Getting Started With the RedBot -- The RedBot is our popular, Arduino-based robot platform. Once you get it rolling, you can take it a step further by controlling it with an XBee!
Simon Splosion Wireless
XBee WiFi Hookup Guide
Experiment Guide for RedBot with Shadow Chassis
Or check out this blog post for more ideas.