ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Simple Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
Did you build the Raygun? Or do you have a design of your own that you built? Awesome! If you're interested in learning more about e-textiles, check out some of these tutorials:
- LilyPad Design Kit Experiment 1: Lighting Up a Basic Circuit - The first experiment in the LilyPad Design Kit series. In this exercise, you will learn how a basic e-textiles circuit works, and light up a sewable LED using a coin cell battery holder and conductive thread.
- Soft Circuits: LED Feelings Pizza - Here we will learn how to say how you feel with pizza. Electric pizza.
- Getting Started with the LilyPad MP3 Player - The LilyPad MP3 Player is an amazing little board that contains almost everything you need to play audio files. You can use it to create all kinds of noisy projects, from MP3 hoodies to talking teddy bears. Your imagination is the only limit! This tutorial will help you get started.
- Mario the Magician's Magical Lapel Flower - A guest tutorial from the astonishingly talented Mario the Magician. A step-by-step tutorial to put together your own flower with an awesome video demonstration of its use!
Or, if you're feeling more inclined towards Arduino and other general electronics stuff, check out some of these tutorials:
- Pulse Width Modulation - PWM is the magic behind dimming and pulsing LEDs.
- Series and Parallel Circuits - After reading this tutorial, can you tell which type of circuit we used in the Raygun example of this tutorial?
- How to Read a Schematic - Learn how to decipher schematics, even that of the ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Simple board.