Preassembled 40-pin Pi Wedge Hookup Guide
The preassembled 40-pin Pi Wedge is the newest member in our Pi Wedge family. It’s an excellent way to get those pesky Pi pins broken out to a breadboard so that they can easily be used.
The Pi Wedge in a breadboard
This Pi Wedge is compatible with members of the Pi family with 40-pin GPIO headers, including
It adapts the 40-pin GPIO connector on recent Pis to a breadboard-friendly form factor and rearranges the pins by similar function. Also, the GPIO pins are arranged in ascending order.
This version also comes fully assembled – no soldering is required!
The Pi Wedge, shown with a Pi B+.
Covered in This Tutorial
- Background – How the Pi Wedge came to be
- Assembly – How to connect the FTDI, ribbon cable, and breadboard
- Pin Mapping – What the silkscreen on the Wedge represents
- Logic Levels and Power – Electrical information about connecting to the Pi
- Some additional resources
But before you begin, check out these links and brush up on topics you may not be familiar with: