MIDI Shield Hookup Guide
Contributors: Byron J.Favorited Favorite 4
Resources and Going Further
- If you need more detailed background information about MIDI, check out our MIDI Tutorial.
- The MIDI Specification is maintained by the MIDI Manufacturer's Organization.
- More information about the MCP4725 digital-to-analog converter can be found in this hookup guide
- The WAV Trigger implements MIDI on it's serial port, allowing you to control up to 2048 velocity-sensitive samples.
- If the shield form-factor isn't right for you, we also sell the MIDI Connector all by itself.
- The latest revision of the Bleep Drum kit now includes a MIDI input
- Hairless MIDI allows you to open a virtual MIDI port over a standard serial bridge (like an FTDI adapter).