LSM9DS1 Breakout Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
Hopefully that info dump was enough to get you rolling with the LSM9DS1. If you need any more information, here are some more resources:
- LSM9DS1 Product GitHub Repository -- Your revision-controlled source for all things LSM9DS1. Here you'll find our most up-to-date hardware layouts and code.
- LSM9DS1 Datasheet -- This datasheet covers everything from the hardware and pinout of the IC, to the register mapping of the gyroscope and accelerometer/magnetometer.
- LSM9DS1 Breakout Schematic
- LSM9DS1 Breakout EAGLE Files
Now that you've got the LSM9DS1 up-and-running, what project are you going to incorporate motion-sensing into? Need a little inspiration? Check out some of these tutorials!
- Dungeons and Dragons Dice Gauntlet -- This project uses an accelerometer to sense a "rolling the dice" motion. You could swap in the LSM9DS1 to add more functionality -- like compass-based damage multipliers!
- Are You Okay? Widget -- Use an Electric Imp and accelerometer to create an "Are You OK" widget. A cozy piece of technology your friend or loved one can nudge to let you know they're OK from half-a-world away.
- Leap Motion Teardown -- An IMU sensor is cool, but image-based motion sensing is the future. Check out this teardown of the miniature-Kinect-like Leap Motion!
- Pushing Data to Data.SparkFun.com -- Need an online place to store your IMU data? Check out data.sparkfun.com! This tutorial demonstrates how to use a handful of Arduino shields to post your data online.
Leap Motion Teardown
Dungeons and Dragons Dice Gauntlet
Or check out this blog post for ideas: