LDK Experiment 6: Microcontroller Circuits
Welcome to experiment 6 of the LilyPad Design Kit, where you’ll dive into the design and creation of a microcontroller circuit.
A microcontroller is a tiny computer that can be programmed to intake information and regulate power to your circuit, letting you control lights, sensors, sound, movement, and a number of other factors. Ultimately this will let you make projects that are unique, customized to your needs, and interactive! We won't be programming this controller, it comes pre-programmed, but you'll learn how to connect the parts. When you're ready to program your own circuit, it will go together the same way!
Before we begin, here are a few resources you might find helpful:
Previous LDK Tutorials
- LDK Experiment 1: Lighting Up a Basic Circuit
- LDK Experiment 2: Multiple LED Circuits
- LDK Experiment 3: Buttons and Switches
- LDK Experiment 4: Make Your Own Button
- LDK Experiment 5: Create Your Own Switch