Hobby Servo Tutorial
Favorited Favorite 18
Resources & Going further
- The Servo Motor category contains a wide variety of servos. The author has found that the generic metal gear micro-size servo behaves particularly well.
- The SparkFun Servo Trigger is available in standard and continuous rotation varieties.
- The Micro Maestro is a six channel USB-to-Servo interface.
- The Wikipedia article on [Radio control Servos](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servo_(radio_control) ) contains more more detailed information and history of servos.
- The uArm is a robotic arm that is driven by servo motors.
- You can hack a regular servo to turn it into a continuous rotation one.
- You can also remove the control board, turning a servo into a small DC gearmotor.
For more servo fun, check out these other SparkFun tutorials:
Mario the Magician's Magical Lapel Flower
A guest tutorial from the astonishingly talented Mario the Magician showing how to put together your own servo-controlled lapel flower.
SparkFun Blocks for Intel® Edison - PWM
A quick overview of the features of the PWM Block.
Servo Trigger Hookup Guide
How to use the SparkFun Servo Trigger to control a vast array of Servo Motors, without any programming!