CC3000 Hookup Guide
This Tutorial is Retired!
This tutorial covers concepts or technologies that are no longer current. It's still here for you to read and enjoy, but may not be as useful as our newest tutorials.
Resources and Going Further
The CC3000 provides an easy-to-use WiFi client to any project that contains a SPI bus and a few GPIO lines. The example library was written for Arduino, but the CC3000 can be used with almost any microcontroller. To read more about the CC3000, refer to the following sites:
- TI's CC3000 Main Page
- TI's CC3000 Wiki
- Updating the CC3000's Firmware (Note: this requires an MSP430 Launchpad)
- Understanding the CC3000 library
- Writing your own CC3000 library
- TI's Basic WiFi Application example for the MSP430
- CC3000 Shield Schematic
- CC3000 Breakout Schematic
- CC3000 Shield GitHub Repository
- CC3000 Breakout GitHub Repository
- SparkFun's CC3000 Arduino Library GitHub Repository