ZX Distance and Gesture Sensor Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
After trying the basic ZX and gesture demos, you can try the other examples in the Arduino library. A description of each of the examples is given below:
- I2C_Gesture_Demo -- Poll the sensor over I2C to see if any gestures have occurred.
- I2C_Gesture_Interrupt -- The DR pin will go from low to high when a gesture is detected. This example reads the gesture over I2C and tells the sensor to clear DR.
- I2C_ZX_Demo -- Poll the sensor periodically over I2C for Z- and X- axis data.
- I2C_ZX_Interrupt -- The ZX Sensor will throw DR high whenever valid ZX data is ready.
- UART_Gesture_Demo -- NOTE: Gestures over UART are not supported at this time. This demo is a placeholder for the time being.
- UART_ZX_Demo -- Read Z- and X- axis data from a software serial port and display them on the Serial Monitor.
Here are some additional resources to help you with the ZX Sensor:
- ZX Sensor Datasheet
- Using the ZX Sensor with Arduino
- ZX Sensor Schematic
- ZX Sensor I2C Register Map
- ZX Sensor GitHub Repository
- SFE Product Showcase: SparkFun ZX Distance Sensor
What will you make with the ZX Sensor? If you need some inspiration, check out these related tutorials: