SparkPunk Sequencer Hookup Guide
Contributors: Byron J.Favorited Favorite 1
Resources and Going Further
- The sequencer is intended to control the SparkPunk Sound Generator. Should you need the link, here's the SparkPunk Sound Generator Hookup Guide
- Design files for the sparkPunk can be found on GitHub
- The GitHub files include Spice simulations that run in LTSpice
- SFE Product Showcase
For more information about how the SparkPunk Sequencer works, modifications and other applications, check out the Theory and Applications Guide
SparkPunk Sequencer Theory and Applications Guide
August 14, 2014
Examine the inner workings of the SparkPunk Sequencer, then explore some modifications and alternate applications.
If you're interested in parts that complement the SparkPunk Sequencer, take a look at these:
- Red Stove Knob
- Black Stove Knob
- Red Chickenhead Knob
- Black Chickenhead Knob
- Small GTE Knob
- Medium GTE Knob
- Large GTE Knob
- Standoffs and 4-40 bolts
- Raymond Scott is largely recognized as the inventor of the step sequencer, which he called the "circle machine." You can hear some examples of it in these videos, and learn more about the man and his music at his website.
- We've also got a tutorial for a similar digital device, the Auduino Step Sequencer.
- Nic Collins' Handmade Electronic Music book is a good introduction to musical circuits, with a number of breadboard projects you can build from scratch.