9DoF Sensor Stick Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
For more information about the 9DoF Sensor Stick, check out the links below:
- Schematic (PDF)
- Eagle Files (ZIP)
- LSM9DS1 Datasheet (PDF) -- This datasheet covers everything from the hardware and pinout of the IC, to the register mapping of the gyroscope and accelerometer/magnetometer.
- GitHub Repos
- SparkFun Product Showcase: SparkFun 9DoF Sensor Stick
Now that you've got the Sensor Stick up-and-running, what project are you going to incorporate motion-sensing into? Need a little inspiration? Check out some of these tutorials!
- Dungeons and Dragons Dice Gauntlet -- This project uses an accelerometer to sense a "rolling the dice" motion. You could swap in the LSM9DS1 to add more functionality -- like compass-based damage multipliers!
- Are You Okay? Widget -- Use an Electric Imp and accelerometer to create an "Are You OK" widget. A cozy piece of technology your friend or loved one can nudge to let you know they're OK from half-a-world away.
- Leap Motion Teardown -- An IMU sensor is cool, but image-based motion sensing is the future. Check out this teardown of the miniature-Kinect-like Leap Motion!