SparkPunk Sequencer Theory and Applications Guide
Contributors: Byron J.Favorited Favorite 3
Resources and Going Further
- The sequencer is intended to control the SparkPunk Sound Generator. Should you need the link, here's the SparkPunk Sound Generator Hookup Guide
- Design files for the sparkPunk can be found on GitHub
- The Github files include Spice simulations that run in LTSpice
In this tutorial, we used the following parts
- Breakaway Headers
- Jumper Shunts
- Red LEDs
- Yellow LEDs
- Blue LEDs
- Green LEDs
- 4-pin jumper wires
- 9V Wall Adapter
- Raymond Scott is largely recognized as the inventor of the step sequencer, which he called the "circle machine." You can hear some examples of it in these videos, and learn more about the man and his music at his website.
- We've also got a tutorial for a similar digital device, the Auduino Step Sequencer.
- Nic Collins' Handmade Electronic Music book is a good introduction to musical circuits, with a number of breadboard projects you can build from scratch.