RedStick Hookup Guide
Contributors: MTaylorFavorited Favorite 6
The SparkFun RedStick is a production version of the BadgerStick, which made an appearance at a trade show near you in the BadgerHack Badge. This version carries an NCP1402 boost regulator (as seen in the SparkFun 5.0v Step-Up Breakout Board, so it can run at 16MHz from a 6V down to a 2V input!
Covered in This Tutorial
- Hardware Overview -- A tour of the PCB.
- Powering the RedStick
- The Blink Sketch
- Using the 8x7 LED Array -- The 8x7 LED array library has been updated to work on this board!
- Adding a second voltage rail -- How to build an LDO onto the RedStick.
- Conclusion and Resources
- RedBoard Hookup Guide -- The RedBoard and RedStick have many similarities. Learn the ins-and-outs of getting either up and running in the Arduino IDE in this tutorial.
- BadgerHack -- The original BadgerStick (promo) documentation.
- Charlieplexed 8x7 LED Array Github -- If you would like more information on how the 8x7 LED array is programmed, check out the code files.