Resources and Going Further
Now that you know how to blink your Pi's LEDs, check out some of these resources for going further:
- RPi Low-level peripherals -- A Wiki with tons of details on using the Raspberry Pi's GPIO peripherals.
- WiringPi Hompeage -- The home of WiringPi and a variety of other Raspberry-Pi-related tools. Check it out!
- RPi.GPIO Homepage -- Home of the Raspberry Pi GPIO python module. Great source for API and documentation.
If you're looking for some project inspiration, here are some more SparkFun tutorials where you'll be able to leverage your newfound Pi programming skills:
- Raspberry Pi Twitter Monitor -- How to use a Raspberry Pi to monitor Twitter for hashtags and blink an LED.
- Getting Started with the BrickPi -- How to connect your Raspberry Pi to Lego Mindstorms, using the BrickPi.