Proto Pedal Assembly and Theory Guide
Contributors: Byron J.Favorited Favorite 3
Resources and Going Further
This guide is the first of several for the Proto Pdeal. Where you go next depends on your interests and background.
- If you're interested in analog circuitry, check out the analog EQ pedal example project.
- If you're more familiar with writing software and want to design affects by writing programs, check out the programmable digital pedal example.
- The barrel-jack polarity protection circuit is commonly found in automotive electronics. One applicable reference is this TI Application Report
- We carry 5mm LEDs in many different colors.
- We offer 10K Audio Taper Pots and 10K Linear Taper Pots
- We also have several types of knobs
- Resistor assortment
- Capacitor assortment
- Discrete semiconductor assortment
- Stranded and solid hookup wire.
- Nic Collins' Handmade Electronic Music book contains a number of circuit snippets that could make useful pedals.
- Craig Anderton's Electronic Projects for Musicians book is a great jumping-off point for learning about pedals and musical electronics.
- There are many pedal construction websites around, including Geofex, AMZ, and Aron Nelson's DIY Stompboxes.