MetaWatch Teardown and Arduino Hookup
Resources and Going Further
Because MetaWatch is open-source, there’s a wealth of information out there:
- Developer Site
- Source Code on GitHub
- Remote API or PDF
- Developer Forums
- JTAG Reflashing Documentation (PDF)
If you’ve got some MSP430-development chops, try customizing the watch’s firmware. We’ve found one such project here, which looks pretty neat.
- Leap Motion Teardown – If you’re still on a teardowns kick, check out what we found inside the Leap Motion.
- Using the OpenSegment – If the Watch has you inspired to make one of your own, the OpenSegment might be all you need to control a 4-digit 7-segment display.
- Serial 7-Segment Hookup Guide – The S7S is a smaller version of the OpenSegment.
- Connecting Arduino to Processing – Instead of using the clunky Serial Monitor interface, you could create a nice GUI to interface with your Arduino from Processing!