LSM303C 6DoF Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
Hopefully that info dump was enough to get you rolling with the LSM303C. If you need any more information, here are some more resources:
- Schematic (PDF)
- Eagle Files (PDF)
- LSM303C Datasheet (PDF) -- This datasheet covers everything from the hardware and pinout of the IC, to the register mapping of the accelerometer, and magnetometer.
- Arduino Library
- GitHub Repository -- Your revision-controled source for all things LSM303C. Here you'll find our most up-to-date hardware layouts.
- SFE Product Showcase
Now that you've got the LSM303C up-and-running, what project are you going to incorporate motion-sensing into? Need a little inspiration? Check out some of these tutorials!
- Dungeons and Dragons Dice Gauntlet -- This project uses an accelerometer to sense a "rolling the dice" motion. You could swap in the LSM303C to add more functionality -- like compass-based damage multipliers!
- Are You Okay? Widget -- Use an Electric Imp and accelerometer to create an "Are You OK" widget. A cozy piece of technology your friend or loved one can nudge to let you know they're OK from half-a-world away.
- Leap Motion Teardown -- An IMU sensor is cool, but image-based motion sensing is the future. Check out this teardown of the miniature-Kinect-like Leap Motion!