Contributors: SFUptownMaker, Member #23999Favorited Favorite 63
Connectors are used to join subsections of circuits together. Usually, a connector is used where it may be desirable to disconnect the subsections at some future time: power inputs, peripheral connections, or boards which may need to be replaced.
Covered in This Tutorial
In this tutorial we will go over:
- Basic connector terminology
- Categorize connectors into distinguishable categories
- Talk about the differences between connectors within those categories.
- Show how to identify polarized connectors
- Talk about which connectors are best suited for certain applications
You may find these concepts useful before starting on this tutorial:
What is a Circuit?
Every electrical project starts with a circuit. Don't know what a circuit is? We're here to help.
Voltage, Current, Resistance, and Ohm's Law
Learn about Ohm's Law, one of the most fundamental equations in all electrical engineering.
How to Power a Project
A tutorial to help figure out the power requirements of your project.
Working with Wire
How to strip, crimp, and work with wire.
An introduction to polarity in electronic components. Discover what polarity is, which parts have it, and how to identify it.