Connectors are used to join subsections of circuits together. Usually, a connector is used where it may be desirable to disconnect the subsections at some future time: power inputs, peripheral connections, or boards which may need to be replaced.
Covered in This Tutorial
In this tutorial we will go over:
- Basic connector terminology
- Categorize connectors into distinguishable categories
- Talk about the differences between connectors within those categories.
- Show how to identify polarized connectors
- Talk about which connectors are best suited for certain applications
You may find these concepts useful before starting on this tutorial:
- What is a circuit?
- Voltage, Current, Resistance and Ohm’s Law
- Working with Wire
- Powering Your Project