Pushing Data to Data.SparkFun.com
This Tutorial is Retired!
This tutorial covers concepts or technologies that are no longer current. It's still here for you to read and enjoy, but may not be as useful as our newest tutorials.
Resources and Going Further
Need more Phant documentation or examples? Check out these resources:
- Phant Documentation Page – All of the in’s and out’s of Phant. This page shows how you can post to the server, read from the server, and even delete your stream.
- Phant GitHub Repository – Want to use Phant on your server? Want to modify the code? It’s all hosted here on GitHub.
- Phant Example Code – Example code covering perl, PHP, Ruby, and shell.
- Phant Arduino Library – The Phant Arduino library makes creating HTTP GETs and POSTs super easy.
Now that you’re posting data to the Internet, what project are you going to create to use the SparkFun data service? Need some inspiration? Check out these tutorials:
- Weather Station Wirelessly Connected to Wunderground – This weather station project served as the main inspiration behind Phant. Check this tutorial out for more Electric Imp goodness.
- Internet Datalogging with Arduino & XBee WiFi – This tutorial explains how to combine an Arduino, XBee WiFi module, and XBee Shield in order to post data to Phant.
- Browse through our sensor category, pick a few out, and log them!