Pocket AVR Programmer Hookup Guide
Resources and Going Further
Now that you've successfully got your Pocket AVR Programmer up and running, it's time to incorporate it into your own project!
Here are some more AVR Pocket Programmer related resources, should you need them:
- Schematic (PDF)
- Eagle Files (ZIP)
- AVRDUDE Online Manual
- AVRDUDE Troubleshooting -- Common errors can be found in this troubleshooting section.
We've got plenty more tutorials where that came from. If you're looking for more stuff to learn, or are looking for some project inspiration, check out these tutorials!
- Installing an Arduino Bootloader -- Use your AVR Pocket Programmer to load a bootloader onto an Arduino. This tutorial will teach you what a bootloader is, why you would need to install/reinstall it, and go over the process of doing so.
- Tiny AVR Programmer Hookup Guide -- If you're looking to program ATtiny85's specifically, check out the Tiny AVR Programmer.
- Using the Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V -- If you're already directly programming your Arduino, take it a step further with the Arduino Pro Mini.
- Wireless Arduino Programming with Electric Imp -- If you're feeling constrained by the USB cables, check out this tutorial where we upload code to an Arduino wirelessly!
- Wireless XBee/AVR Bootloading -- Use your AVR Pocket Programmer to upload a custom bootloader, then wirelessly program your Arduino.
Installing an Arduino Bootloader
Using the Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V
Tiny AVR Programmer Hookup Guide
Are you looking to use a Pi to flash larger file sizes to your AVR microcontrollers? Try checking out the Pi AVR Programmer Hat!