MaKey MaKey Advanced Guide
Contributors: jimblomFavorited Favorite 6
Resources and Going Further
If this is your first foray into programming in general, or even just Arduino programming, we'd encourage you to check out these resources and tutorials:
- Arduino Learning Database -- A series of code examples which will help you figure out exactly what's going on with all this Arduino code. Don't be afraid to try loading the MaKey MaKey with Arduino sketches that have little to do with MaKey MaKey-ing. A great way to learn how to code is by following code examples, of which Arduino has many. Either peer into the File > Examples menu within Arduino, or check out all of the links on this database.
- Arduino Language Reference -- Here you'll find links explaining the purpose and operation of Arduino's standard structures, variables, and functions. This is a great place to look up what exactly
loop(), and the rest are all for.
- Arduino Community Forum -- Anything left unanswered after browsing the previous two links? Head over to the community forum! Try searching out for previously asked questions, or pose one of your own.
- Turn Your Arduino Into A Keyboard/Mouse -- How to take advantage of the Keyboard and Mouse functions of the ATmega32U4. The MaKey MaKey makes use of many of the functions discussed here. If you're curious about writing your own version of the MaKey MaKey code, this might be a handy place to start. Arduino's also got an entry for the Mouse and Keyboard library on their website.
- Arduino Comparison Guide -- Learn about other Arduino-compatible boards like the Uno and Leonardo.