Resources and Going Further
If you’re looking for more documents and resources related to the IR LED or receiver, check out some of these links:
- Wikipedia: Infrared
- SB-Projects: IR Remote Control Theory
- IRremote Library
If you’re looking for general information on infrared communication SparkFun Engineer Chris Taylor’s IR Project video:
And there’s also Jeff Branson, starring in an IR Communication video tutorial using our IR Emitter/Detector Pair:
Now you should be prepared to create an IR communication system of your own. What are you going to control with this extravisible, modulated light source? Need some inspiration? Check out some of these tutorials:
- LED Light Bar Hookup – If you need some visible light in your life, these LED light bars are an especially bright way to get it
- Using the OpenSegment – Along the lines of visible displays, the OpenSegment 4-digit 7-segment displays are an easy tool to add data displays to your project.
- Rebuilding the Illumitune – Learn how we integrated IR into the Illumitune project we helped rebuild.
- Laser Limbo – Build a “Laser” limbo using IR LEDs and IR Receivers!