This Tutorial is Retired!
This tutorial covers concepts or technologies that are no longer current. It's still here for you to read and enjoy, but may not be as useful as our newest tutorials.
Resources and Going Further
The ATtiny is a wonderful simple workhorse. With a coin cell battery and low-power sleep modes you can create some really amazing projects. For your next project consider building:
- An intrusion detection system
- A temperature alarm for a reptile habitat
- Use the internal EEPROM to datalog 512 light levels
- Count the number of times your front door is opened
- H2OhNo! schematic
- Water alarm example firmware
- The open source board files are available on the H2OhNo! github repo