Retired - Electric Imp Breakout Hookup Guide
Going Further and Resources
Now that you know how to hook up the electric imp and its Breakout, what project will you be making with it? Will you be adding to the “Internet of Things”? Need some inspiration? Check out some of these products and projects:
- Using the OpenSegment - The OpenSegment displays are very easy-to-use 4-digit 7-segment displays. You could easily connect these to an imp via either serial, I2C, or SPI.
- The Uncertain 7-Cube - This project uses an Arduino to create a riff on the magic 8-ball. Swap out that Arduino with an imp, and make the Uncertain 7-Cube post to twitter or something!
- WiFly Shield Hookup Guide - The imp certainly isn’t the only Internet-enabling development platform out there. You could combine an Arduino with the WiFly shield to connect your Arduino to the web.
The folks at electric imp have loads of great resources on their wiki. Among the many links on that page, these ones stand out for being extra helpful:
- electric imp API Reference - Here you’ll find all of the imp-specific functions.
- electric imp Developer Forums - There’s a wealth of knowledge in the imp community. If you’ve got a question, search for an answer here, or start a new topic.
- Imp Card Spec Sheet - A good datasheet for the imp. You’ll find electrical characteristics here, along with other useful info.
If you’re still left with imp-related questions, try consulting their forums.