Take a Stance, The Resist Stance
Resistors - the most ubiquitous of electronic components. They are a critical piece in just about every circuit. And they play a major role in our favorite equation, Ohm's Law.
In this, our pièce de résistance, we'll cover:
- What is a resistor?!
- Resistor units
- Resistor circuit symbol(s)
- Resistors in series and parallel
- Different variations of resistors
- Color coding decoding
- Surface mount resistor decoding
- Example resistor applications
Some of the concepts in this tutorial build on previous electronics knowledge. Before jumping into this tutorial, consider reading (at least skimming) these first:
- What is Electricity?
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, and Ohm's Law
- What is a Circuit
- Series vs. Parallel Circuits
- How to Use A Multimeter - Specifically check out the measuring resistance section.
- Metric Prefixes
Looking to get hands-on with resistors?
We've got you covered!