micro:bit Educator Lab Pack Experiment Guide
Huzzah! You have the micro:bit educator lab pack! Now what? Well, look no further; we have some experiments laid out here that are not only a great introduction to the micro:bit, but will prepare you for the wild world of micro:bit expansion.
The micro:bit is an incredibly versatile little board that makes it a great introduction to electronics and beyond. It is packed full of lovely little features, including LEDs, temperature sensor, accelerometer, bluetooth/radio... the list goes on. If you've never used the micro:bit before, Getting Started with the micro:bit is a great place to start. It will introduce you to the online development environment and give you a run down of all the extras and where they live on the board.
Getting Started with the micro:bit
September 2, 2021
If you are entirely new to the world of electronics, we recommend you start with some of the following concepts and tutorials:
What is a Circuit?
The micro:bit educator lab pack includes the following:
- 10x micro:bit — The brains of the outfit with a bunch of on-board components. The version will vary depending on the lab pack that you ordered.
- 10x USB micro-B Cable — This 6-foot cable provides you with a USB-A connector at the host end and standard B connector at the device end.
- 10x 2xAAA Battery Pack — AAA battery pack with the JST connector that fits the micro:bit.
- 10x Jumper Wires Standard 7in M/M (30pk) — These are high-quality wires that allow you to make connections with components on the breadboard.
- 10x Alligator Test Leads (10 pk) — A great way to connect individual components to the micro:bit ring connectors.
- 10x Small Servo — Here is a simple, low-cost, high-quality servo for all your mechatronic needs.
- 10x Mini Speaker — BUZZZZ! Used to make different frequencies of sound. (not included in LAB-17361)
|micro:bit educator lab pack SKU
|- Switched to micro:bit V2.
- Remove mini speakers since micro:bit V2 includes a built-in speaker.
|Switch to 2xAAA battery holder with a built-in switch.