micro:bit Educator Lab Pack Experiment Guide
Huzzah! You have the micro:bit educator lab pack! Now what? Well, look no further; we have some experiments laid out here that are not only a great introduction to the micro:bit, but will prepare you for the wild world of micro:bit expansion.
The micro:bit is an incredibly versatile little board that makes it a great introduction to electronics and beyond. It is packed full of lovely little features, including LEDs, temperature sensor, accelerometer, bluetooth/radio... the list goes on. If you've never used the micro:bit before, Getting Started with the micro:bit is a great place to start. It will introduce you to the online development environment and give you a run down of all the extras and where they live on the board.
If you are entirely new to the world of electronics, we recommend you start with some of the following concepts and tutorials:
What is a Circuit?
The micro:bit educator lab pack includes the following:
- 10x micro:bit --- The brains of the outfit with a bunch of on-board components.
- 10x Small Servo --- Here is a simple, low-cost, high-quality servo for all your mechatronic needs.
- 10x Piezo Buzzer --- BUZZZZ! Used to make different frequencies of sound.
- 10x USB micro-B Cable --- This 6-foot cable provides you with a USB-A connector at the host end and standard B connector at the device end.
- 10x Jumper Wires Standard 7in M/M (30pk) --- These are high-quality wires that allow you to make connections with components on the breadboard.
- 10x 2xAA Battery Pack --- A AA battery pack with the JST connector that fits the micro:bit.
- 10x Alligator Test Leads (10 pk) --- A great way to connect individual components to the micro:bit ring connectors.