MaKey MaKey Quickstart Guide
Resources and Going Further
If you’re left with any questions after reading this tutorial, here are all the MaKey MaKey-related resources we can find:
- MaKey MaKey Schematic – A PDF of the MaKey MaKey’s circuit.
- MaKey MaKey Eagle Files – The design files. What we use to make the PCB.
- MaKey MaKey GitHub Repository – Where we keep all of the MaKey MaKey’s firmware and design files up to date.
- Windows Driver – Should work for all compatible versions of Windows.
- MaKeyMaKey.com – The home of MaKey MaKey. Check out their Quick Start Guide for more help.
Sometimes following by example is the best way to learn. If you’re not sure where to start with the MaKey MaKey, give these examples a look-over. I hope they inspire you! If you want your project added to this list, post it in the comments below, or send us an email!
- O Say Can You See (Lunch)
- j.viewz Playing Teardrop With Vegetables
- Banana Keyboard with Beau Silver
- Playing Minecraft with a MaKey MaKey
- Office Plant Drum Session
Advanced MaKey MaKey-ing
Have you outgrown the MaKey MaKey’s default arrow, space, and home keys? Want to remap the MaKey MaKey inputs, program the MaKey MaKey in Arduino, and use that mysterious output connector? Then join us over on part 2 of this quickstart guide!