MicroSD Shield and SD Breakout Hookup Guide
Contributors: a_cavisFavorited Favorite 1
The SparkFun microSD Shield makes it easy to add mass storage to your project.
- 1x SparkFun microSD Shield
- 1x pack of R3 stackable headers for the shield.
- 1x microSD card of your choice, up to 32GB, like SparkFun's 8GB card and adapter pack
- 1x SparkFun RedBoard or Arduino Uno and a USB cable
Before use, you will need to solder headers to your shield. Take a look at the Shield Assembly tutorial if you need a refresher. The microSD Shield uses the Uno R3 footprint with 1x 10-pin, 2x 8-pin, and 1x 6-pin headers.
- What is an Arduino? - New to Arduino? Start here.
- Installing the Arduino IDE - A refresher on using the Arduino environment.
- Arduino Shield Basics - Covers shields from a general standpoint.
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) - This tutorial shows you how to communicate with an SD card over SPI.
- SD Cards and Writing Images - Learn the basics of SD and microSD cards.