Discrete Semiconductor Kit Identification Guide
Contributors: Byron J.Favorited Favorite 14
Resources and Going Further
- Datasheets for each device:
- Here are a couple of handy online calculators
- Those funny 1Nxxxx and 2Nxxxx part numbers are examples of the JEDEC numbering system.
- If you're building circuits with discrete semiconductors, you'll likely need some other components to get the most out of them.
- There are many Accoding to Pete videos discussing applications of discrete semiconductors.
- Forrest Mims' books are full of simple circuits you can build on a breadboard with a handful of components. Of particular relevance to discrete semiconductors are the circuits in Electronic Formulas, Symbols & Circuits.
- For a little more advanced project, Hi-fi audio guru Nelson Pass wrote a great article on building discrete OpAmps, using bipolar transistors, MOSFETs and vacuum tubes.