LilyPad With Programming
The ProtoSnap series is a way to prototype your project without a breadboard. Everything is wired together on a single board, which makes it easy to explore the possibilities of the components before snapping them apart and building them into your project.
These materials are intended to help educators who are teaching Intro to Arduino or Arduino and Processing and don't want to have to use a soldering iron to embed the electronics. Sew microcontrollers into your teddy bear, kite or jacket for some project based learning you can hug, fly or wear!
Concepts covered include
- Programming the LilyPad Development Board in Arduino.
- Making LEDs blink, using the RGB LED.
- Reading values from the light sensor.
- Serial communication.
- Basic hand sewing with conductive thread.
- Troubleshooting and avoiding short circuits.
- Calculating battery life.
- Ohm’s law.
- Making a switch using conductive thread and conductive fabric.
The ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Board is designed to get you started in the world of e-textiles. Combining a LilyPad Simple Board with other LilyPad components like a buzzer, a vibration motor, an RGB LED, a button, a switch, five LEDs, a light sensor, and a temperature sensor, the ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Board lets you dive right into wearable electronics. When you’ve learned how to program the LilyPad Arduino Simple Board, break apart the components and explore the power of the LilyPad platform.
Materials by Linz Craig. Design by Amanda Clark
(LilyPad With Programming)
- Author: Lindsay Craig
- Date Posted: February 6, 2014
- Last Updated: March 28, 2014
- CC BY-SA 3.0 resources are open sourced under