Paper Circuits Pin
This quick craft project shows you how to create a circuit using copper tape instead of wire to light up an LED and make a wearable piece of e-craft art. Build the circuit on a cardstock template, then attach a design printed on vellum to diffuse the LED’s light and use a binder clip to turn the circuit on and off.
Download printable templates for the base card design and different overlay designs along with full instructions in the menu to the right. Use the Design Your Own file as a blank template to import into a graphics program or print and color in artwork.
- Copper Tape (a 50ft roll of tape is enough to make 75 paper circuit pins)
- 5mm LED
- 3V 12mm Coin Cell Battery (CR1225)
- 9/16" Metal Binder Clip
- Clear Tape
- Scissors/Hobby Knife
Wishlist for SparkFun materials: http://www.sparkfun.com/wish_lists/77090
- Author: Angela Sheehan
- Date Posted: March 31, 2014
- Last Updated: April 21, 2014
- CC BY-SA 3.0 resources are open sourced under