One Day Professional Development Workshop
Our workshops offer professional development for educators.
Due to high demand we have limited availability until Spring of 2016.
Workshops We Provide:
Workshops include the following:
- One 8 hour workshop at your desired location for no less than 10 students and up to 30 students in one session including a one hour lunch break.
- Highly trained SparkFun instructors to lead the workshop.
- All travel expenses are included for SparkFun instructors.
Detailed workshop specifications:
- Classes must be no less than 10 students and capped at 30 students.
- The ideal space for a SparkFun workshop is a (class)room with tables that can accommodate a student with a laptop computer and an 18″x30″ workspace for each participant.
- Please make sure there is an abundance of outlets near the desks for the students to plug in their computers and any other devices that might be used for the class. Access to power outlets for each workspace is ideal.
- We can provide 20 laptop computers if you need them; however, if you have access to computers this is preferable.
- It’s important to take multiple breaks throughout the day (every 90 minutes and a one hour lunch break). The material can be dense, therefore, students need breaks to reset.
- We will need an hour before and after the workshop to allow for setup and teardown.
- We suggest meeting with the workshop host before the class to discuss classroom management.
- Please provide us with specific parking instructions if there are any.
- While we don’t sell SparkFun products at our workshops feel free to purchase through sparkfun.com
- A Risk and Release Waiver will need to be signed by anyone attending the workshop. Once they are filled out you can give them to the lead instructor. This must be done before the start of class.
Please fill out the request form below, and we’ll customize a quote for your workshop once we gather your information.
NOTE: The workshop includes our 20% Educator Discount. If you would like to continue receiving the Educator Discount on future purchases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. There is a minimum six week lead time to prepare for most workshops.
Payment must be received no later than six weeks prior to the start date of your workshop. If your payment is not received by that time the workshop will be canceled.