Using the Logic Level Converter
Contributors: Jimb0Favorited Favorite 0
Resources & Going Further
Here are some resources related to the LLC and level-shifting in general:
- Logic Level Converter Schematic
- Logic Level Converter Eagle Files
- Logic Level Converter GitHub Repo
- Philips AN97055 – An awesome application note covering bi-directional level shifting circuits.
- 3V Tips ‘n Tricks – An informative document published by Microchip with lots of tips and tricks for interfacing between 3V and 5V systems.
If you’re looking for a place to use the LLC, these tutorials might spark some ideas:
- Electric Imp Breakout Hookup Guide – The Electric Imp works at 3.3V max, so if you interface it with any 5V systems you may need an LLC.
- Getting Started with pcDuino – The pcDuino is another 3.3V-based system. This is a powerhouse compared to the Electric Imp, though. It can run Linux or Android, and has all sorts of awesome functionality.
- Using the Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V – If you want to stick with Arduino, and want to use 3.3V sensors, consider using an Arduino that runs at 3.3V. That way you won’t even need to bother with an LLC!